I have finally finished this project. You can preview demo video on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwRWNJ7WvAE
And if you’re interested in learning more about its code base please visit my GitHub at https://github.com/jasetom/VinylAR
Moving on with my project I am continuing to advance with new functionality. This week, however, I have done a very important task in the development process. This task was user testing. So in today’s blog post, I will give you some details on how it all went and what I have learned.
Continue reading User testing session.
I have finally reached the last stage of my project. As mentioned in the previous post, it involves the creation of reactive audiovisuals. It is not an easy task as it involves a lot of creative thinking and digital signal processing knowledge. Continue reading More work on audio visuals
For the past week, I’ve been splitting my time into two main focuses: the First one was my dissertation writing, while the other one was to create as many different graphics as I can.
Continue reading Building up my visuals
This week I haven’t made much progress. I spent the week learning shaders and experimented with a few possible visualisations for the app. The pace is quite slow as I have to come up with interesting 3d visuals which will be affected by sound. It is a creative process. Therefore I am exposing myself to as many different audio visualisations as I can. This helps me to generate new ideas for the visuals of my own. Continue reading Visuals research / dissertation draft
Since I’ve implemented multiple image detection last week, this week, I was working on a completely different issue. I was working on incorporating multiple sounds for multiple images, and it all went great! I have managed to do that quite easily, so let me tell you what I’ve achieved this week. Continue reading Adding sounds!
For the past week, I have been working on multiple image detection. It has caused me a lot of pain, and I’ve spent countless hours in front of my screen. I have managed to get it working and here are the things I’ve learned by working on this.
Continue reading Multiple image detection
So last week I have set out to implement Optical Flow algorithm to speed up my application. After long hours of trying to make it run on ios, I have finally managed to do it. I have created a class called OpticalFlowTracker which contains several functions. Those functions help me to track key points previously detected by ORB tracker class. Continue reading Slow but steady.
Another week has passed so let me talk you through the things I have worked on during this time. First of all, we had to write a preliminary project report where we had to reflect on the work we’ve done so far as well as produce readjusted plan for the future. Continue reading More computer vision algorithms.
This week I haven’t made much progress 🙁 I have spent a lot of time trying to get the SURF algorithm running on the ios, but it is still very laggy! Maybe it’s because of my old iPhone 5, but my goal is to get it running on older devices starting from iPhone5. Therefore I will continue to debug it and try to find a way how to run it more smoothly on my device.